The forrest and the paths

Ode to the RPG started by Tenebrion

MoonRaven
Bringer of Dreams

The forrest and the paths

Post by MoonRaven » 28-04-2011 21:44

[Tenebrion]
The forest is dense with trees, mainly pine and spruce but also a few groups of yew-trees, all of them covered in a thick layer of green moss. A few round boulders are also scattered in the forest, also them mossy. The ground is mostly covered in old, brownish pine needle, since little sunshine ever reaches the ground. From the mountain Estragon to the west numerous small streams flow through the whole forest and ending up in the Middler to the east, right below the mountain of Umbragon. In the forest one could find for example rabbit, fox, deer and on rare occasions even bear.

In between the village By-The-Middler and the castle aswell as from By-The-Middler to the southern cities, rarely trodden roads lay. Basically two parallell tracks from a wagon going the same way hundreds if not thousands of times, they connect the castle with the village and the village to civilization.

They depart from the glade, following the old man who seems to instinctively know where east is. They walk for hours in a steady pace with very little in the form of conversation.

The sun has passed the peak of it's arc when they finally reach the path connecting the estate and the village. They decide to rest for a bit when they hear the hurried steps and angered shouts of humans coming from the village and closing in on them.

[MoonRaven]
Raven hopes she did not cause this and has no clue what to do, run and hide or stand and fight, can she even fight?

[Vrakte]
Raou draws his blades from their scabbards, and runs to the angry mob of villagers wielding his swords in a way when one of them approaches him, they have their necks cut and a sword in their gut.

[Tenebrion]
The villagers seem surprised to see the group. Most of them are armed with torches, some with pitchforks or shovels enforced with rusty iron.
The surprise is quickly replaced by anger again, but they don't seem too eager to attack. One of them, the only one with a sword (albeit dull, probably from years of misuse), starts to talk:

Step aside, travellers, we have no quarrel with you.

He points the sword against Raou in a poorly balanced poise, prepared to defend himself.

Benjamin stands between Raou and the rest of the group.

[Benjamin]
Where are you going, with those torches in your hands?

[Villager]
That's none of your business, traveller.

[MoonRaven]
Raven's eyes refect the fire of the torches in a very strange way.

[snipingmedic]
If you fools wish to perish then comle closer to my blade, it is thirsty for the blood of fools

to Raven
Stand behind me, for i am a half-demon and fire cannot harm me.

[Vrakte]
Raou stops, although the man with the sword seems weak, but Benjamin was in front of him and if he didn't stop he would crash into him. Raou then shifts his position, this time to a defensive one.

[snipingmedic ]
Watch out. This could get nasty if we aren't careful.

[Vrakte]
They seem lame. We could easily kill them if we have to, said Raou to snipingmedic.

[snipingmedic]
Let's wait and see what their buisness is. Perhaps we can get some cash out of it too if they have a quest for us.
I could use some new boots.

[Charlie]
Mith Jess carefully watches Benjamin, snippingmedic, Raou and Raven. Finally, he steps forward and barks at the villagers:

"We have no bussiness with you," - he pauses, searching for a way to call the peasants without offending them. - "dwellers of this land. If you let us pass, we shall leave you - "alive", he thinks - unharmed."

He takes the risk of walking forward to the crowd, trying to pass through with peace.

[Tenebrion]
The villagers starts to move again on the path leading north, suspiciously watching the group of travellers. The old man is however not pleased:

I have been asked by the lord of the castle, Farmors Morfar, to watch over his house while he's away. Therefore I will need to know why you are on this path equipped with lit torches.

The man with the sword stares at the old man standing in their way, armed only with a staff. He looks as if he is in his forties. His arms and torso are bloated with muscles, although his right arm is visibly bigger than his left. He's bald and beardless, which makes his nose and mouth look bigger than they actually are. For a long time, he just stares at the old man, evaluating him.

[villager]
You are not the caretaker. The caretaker arrived months ago, but he won't stay for long.

He smiles and turns to show his smile to the rest of the mob. They laugh and yells various things indicating that they agree.

Besides, you are too frail to be chosen to take care of the castle in that vile demon's place. Why are you REALLY here?

[Charlie]
Mith Jess, being closest to the crowd, looks angrilly at the peasants and draws his sword and dagger. Then he roars and strikes at the nearest one of them.

"Not so tough anymore, eh?" - he sais to the rest.

[Isadora]
But a young woman in her early twenties appears.
Stop fighting! she screams. She turns to the man with a sword:
This guy says that he wants to take care of the castle and it's enough to know the reason why he's here. Stop arguing and let them pass!

[Charlie]
The villager blocked Mith Jess' dagger with his right arm. The dagger cut through the soft muscle tissue, scraped the bone and peeked out on the other side. The sword made a superficial wound on the side of his chest. He let out a short, high-pitched scream, and fainted from the pain and seeing so much of his own blood. The others caught him in his fall, forgetting all about the castle, the caretaker and the group. They hardly notice the appearance of the woman.
Their will to fight gone for the moment, they start to leave, two of them supporting their fallen comrade against their shoulders. The villager with the sword has also started leaving (turning his back against the group), and says over his shoulder:

[Villager]
We won't sacrifice our lives fighting a group of ragtag adventurers, not when we have to rid this place of the caretaker in the castle and eventually Morfar himself.

[The woman]
What? What the hell's going on here? They ignore me! They will have to pay for this because I'm the princess of Sinurya! No one ignore me!
She is very angered.
But hey! Who are those adventurers? I have to approach them and introduce myself to them. Maybe they can help me to understand what's happening in this village. Let's quickly go, my Daniachial will have the blood she wants later.

The woman runs, trying to go to find the adventurers.

[Tenebrion]
The old man turns to the rest of the group:

I guess that went well. I mean, at least nobody got killed.

Finding something in what he said funny, he lets out a hearty laughter. Then he sees the woman approaching them.

Raven, A bit confused by all that happened says to Benjamin in a low voice:

I don't know about your thoughts of all of this, but I guess your friend in the castle is in big trouble. Your place as care-taker has already been taken, so there is something going on. I am not a real people lover but this humans looked very scared and willing to get rid of a demon or something. But they got scared by first blood, this is not a good thing, not a good thing at all.

She steps a bit out of the light, a bit nearer to Mith Jess, his beastpart makes her feel more safe now than all those people.

[Isadora]
The woman approach them, out of breathe. When she stops, she takes some air first to watch the group and she don't know if she can trust them. So, she waits few minutes and after taken a deep inspiration, she decides to talk to the other.

Hi, I'm from the village, trying to train myself because I'm a good fighter who master elemental magic. Don't worry, I come as a friend to you. I think that you can be able to tell me what is happening in this village, because I don't understand the actual situation.

[Charlie]
Mith Jess turns to the woman:

"We dont know much either, since we just arrived. We know that we must hurry. If you want to come with us, then lets not waste any more time and go."

[Tenebrion]
The old man adresses Raven:
Yes, it seems like an imposter has taken residence in the castle and is doing a bad job in keeping the local villagers happy. What troubles me is what he called Farmors. The last time I was here a few years ago, he was as polite and friendly as always. The villagers I met also seemed happy and showed no sign of wanting to burn down his house or call him a "vile demon". As for the villagers, this area has always been peaceful and the general population has never needed to defend themselves before. That's what the lord of this land is for.

He turns to the newly arrived woman:
Greetings. It is as Mith Jess said, we must somehow get into the castle in one piece. I doubt we can expect any help from the villagers, since they probably don't trust us. There's a secret entrance we can use to enter the castle undetected. But then again, there might be an overwhelming number of guards by which we don't want to get caught on the wrong side of the castle walls.

[The woman]
- Oh then! Things are more horribles that I tought! So, I think that I can help you. I was here from 4 months and the first reason was to help this guy about which one you were talking. This M. Morfar. He called me by one of his embassadors to help him to fight something that was invade his house but when I arrive, everything was like this. I was unable to do anything. So, I decided to hide and train myself for a while. Villagers ignored me but if you want help, I'm here and you can call me Isadora. It's a pleasure to meet you at this point of dark time, she tells to the old man and the rest of the group.

[Tenebrion]
The old man stares at the woman, confused
Farmors Morfar left almost a year ago, and he never had embassadors!

Isadora looks at the old man.

[Isadora]
- What's wrong with you, old man? I feel that you are very confused. Is it because of what I told to everybody? I'm honnest with you, I don't lie in telling you my story. The embassador was a messenger sent by Morfar because he wanted a wizard to protect him for I don't know which reason. I tried to do some researches but guards and villagers don't want anybody to know what's going on here. When I saw you were in the bad situation in which one you were, I decided to come and try to help you. Something told me in my mind that you can be good allies for me.

Raven feels a bit uneasy, this discussion hurts her mind, and whispers softly:
Why on earth is my mind so blur, I cannot even trust my own feelings at the moment.

No trace of the old man's former serenity can be found.
It's not you I distrust, it is the person who claimed to have been sent by Farmors. I don't know what's going on, but I know he couldn't have been sent by Farmors and I believe that ansers can be found in the castle.

Isadora feels the little elve's to be sad.
- Are you alright? she asks her.
After, she feels that the old man is not trusting her.
Hey! I told you that I'm not lieing any words I told you! I'm not a foe but a friend for you. But I think that you wants to know some informations about what's going on in this village. If we can find my friend's house, he'll be able to tell us a little bit because he's always searching for informations in the castle's library.

[MoonRaven]
Sorry to have worried you, I guess I am not alright, my mind is playing tricks with me not doubt about that, all these negative feelings just disturb me a little, do not worry about it.

Raven backs down a little more, the fierce looking woman, seems to be nice, but scares her al little.

[Isadora ]
- Oh! Poor you. Isadora says, complaining to Raven. Don't be worry. It will surely stops one day. I'm sorry if I scare you. As an elemental wizard, I'm close to the nature and I can feel everyone's feelings. Don't be afraid of me. As I already told you, I'm a friend for you, not a foe. You can trust me and the others too.
The woman seems to be with sincerity and serenity by looking Raven.

Mith Jess doesnt like where the conversation is going. He turns to Benjamin and to the woman:
"Look, thinking is not my strongest side. Acting is. Lets just go and see what is happening."

[MoonRaven]
These are clear words, I can agree with that. By the way: I don't want to be rude or something, but does anyone have a spare weapon, not too big, just sharp?

[Isadora]
Isadora looks in her pockets and find a dagger that can be a sword for a little elve.
Euh... I'm not sure but maybe this one will be ok for you? I found it on a corpse, near the castle before to meet you and your friends. If you want it, I'll don't mind to give it to you.

A man wearing black arrives.

[the man]
At least, Isadora, I found you!

[Isadora]
What's happening, Paul?

[Paul]
These are terrible things happening here! A dark sorcerer is sitting in the castle! He's turning everybody against us! Please, everybody, help us! We need to be free! Not under the will of the Cenodemons! We don't want to be slave by them! NO WAY!

[Isadora]
Calm down, Paul, you'll be not slave, we will clean the situation. Don't be worry. But do you know a secret way to enter the castle?

[Paul]
Yes, I know where is the secret entrance and I'll be happy to show it to you and your new friends.

[Isadora]
Perfect. So, what do you think, guys? she saids, asking to the others.

[snipingmedic]
And if necessary, I could gice you my bow. It's a bit heavy but it has been made by elves and is gifted with immense accuracy.

[Raven]
Thank you both, the bow will do great yes indeed, and the dagger will do fine too. She gives them both a little shy smile.

Raven hangs the bow over her shoulders and rips a piece of her rags (formely known as a nice dress) to make a band around her waist to hang the dagger on.

[snipingmedic]
Have this, too.
He hands her a quiver of arrows
If you need more just, tell me. I can make so more in just a few moments; I have all the things I need in my bag.

[Raven]
Thank you Snipingmedic, I really appreciate it!

Mith Jess looks suspiciously at Isadora.

"I think you have something to share with us."
he points his dagger at her.
"What can you say about those Cenodemons?"

[Paul]
Paul doesn't want to talk to Mith Jess, sensing him in danger. He looks to his friend. She feels what he wants to tell her. Isadora looks at Mith Jess too. She takes few seconds to think about Mith Jess' question.

[Isadora]
He will not talk to you because you menace him. I'll tell you instead of him. I just know what Paul told me about them. They are back again and they target this place. They send this sorcerer to do the job instead of them and they just want to rule the world like usual. I don't know what they are exactly planning but the only thing I know is that they took my country under their control like they want to do with this little village. I fought them once time yet and I can tell you for sure that they'll won't stop to fight us until we're not dead. Is that answer your question?

[Paul]
I don't know why but villagers called me a «vile Cenodemon». I don't know why because I'm not one of them. I came here to find my friend because my house got burnt by the villagers without any reason.
I'll be happy to chase this sorcerer once for all. For this task, I'll be with you just as a comrade, not a part of your party because when it will be over, I will have to leave to the secret wizard's order headquarters. It was one of us who had contacted Isadora and he talked by Morfar's name because he's a friend for our order, he adds.

[Mith Jess]
"Partially. What are they, how powerful are they, how do you kill them and what do they want with this village? That is what I want to know."

Isadora takes a look at Mith Jess before to tell him:
Well, the one I fought was the shape of a young dragon. He was newly born and send by the oldest Cenodemons to kill me through the mountains. It was the same who killed my mother, the ruler's wife in Synuria. When they are newly born, the Cenodemons are weak during a certain period of time to the Earth energy. I killed this one with my special elemental powers very easily to avenge my mother's death. I know just one part of their plans because the demon I killed doesn't know how to keep a secret. He told me that two powerfull Cenodemons will come in this village and they ask to the dark sorcerer to take care of the place before they arrive there to prepare the place for their arrival. He told me that they will kill all the resistance they will meet on their way. They are so powerfull that I'll be not able to kill them alone. It,s the same with my powerfullest spells. A full alliance of ten full armies can't stop them. This tell you how they are powerfull. I don't know their physical shapes, I never saw them with my own eyes. It's all I know for their plans. I'm sorry but I can't tell you more about them. Now, if you want to enter the castle by the secret entrance, Paul will be happy to show it to you because he knows exactly where it is. But why do you want to know everything about the Cenodemons?

Paul is near his friend, watching at Raven. He's fascinated by the little elve. Elven stuff always fascinate him because he's himself a half-elve from a legendary forest, leaving in this place before to be sitting place at the house in the village he had before villagers got it burnt, being at the secret wizards order's services.

[Benjamin]
It's not so strange that he wants to know about the enemy before us, is it?

The old man had silently listened to Paul, Mith and Isadora as they talked, but now he seemed to feel he needed to say something.

This whole episode seems strange to me, and I guess there's only one way to get to the bottom of this. We should sneak into the castle via the hidden entrance, find whoever is in charge in there and get our questions answered.

[Isadora]
Yes, you're right, It's time to go and the guards will not cause a big problem. Paul can do tricks with them. He's fast enough for it. So now, let's go through the secret entrance to sneak in this place. Paul, show us the way.

[Paul]
- With a big pleasure, my dear. To makes tricks with the guards, I'll do this part and leave to you the sorcerer because he's too strong for me. Follow me, now, he says to the group after few seconds of silence. After, Paul get up on his legs and everybody is following him to the secret entrance.

Raven is trying how sharp the blade of her dagger is, while walking to the castle and gets a strange glance in her eyes when she strokes the blade.

Isadora sees what happens to Raven.
Hey, are you alright? she asks to her.
She stops walking, taking care of the little elve.

Mith Jess looks at Raven and lets a quiet growl.

"There is something about this girl" - he thinks. - "And that goes for the old man and the boy too."

[Isadora]
There's something to do with those guys. I better follow them and this guy who wants to know everything about the Cenodemons will be a good allie if I want to go to fight those demons. So, Well I better keep on going with them.

Paul leads them into the forest again, this time on the eastern side of the road. After a while, they reach a great lake with dark blue and probably almost freezing water. As they follow the lake to the north, the sand is slowly replaced by a solid rock that, as they walk even further north, starts to show cracks. Eventually they come to a crack in the granite shore that is wide enough for a normal human being to get through. Paul proudly points it out and explains that it is in fact the secret entrance to the castle of Farmors Morfar. The crack leads to a narrow cave that continues to the west before it splits up into two different passages. Since both Benjamin and Paul knows the way, they decide that Benjamin should go first and Paul last. Before they crawl down into the narrow cave, the old man whispers something to Raven. Mith Jess overhears what he whispers.

Nothing indicates that this would be a secret passageway to a castle; anyone finding the entrance would just assume that it was one of numerous cracks in the ground, although someone particularly knowledgeable could probably see where the crack has been artificially widened. The passage itself is half filled with almost ice-cold water and splits so many times it's virtually impossible to find the right way or back out again without knowing the way.

[snipingmedic]
I don't know about you guys, but i am having a bad feeling about this cave. It's almost as if we are being watched.

Mith Jess frowns upon Benjamin and Raven.
"If only I could read their minds." - he thinks.

[snipingmedic]
Just out of curiousity wat's the plan when whe enter the castle ?
because if whe don't have at least an idea how whe are gonna do things whe are as good as death because the place wil probably be heavely gaurded

The old man chuckles.

The best plans are made on the fly, Demon hunter.

Then he adds, with a lower voice Besides, we have a few things to our advantage. First of all, they probably don't know about this entrance and will probably only have guards stationed on the wall of the towers and patrolling the corridors. They won't expect attackers from the dungeon below the castle - that is where this cave leads, by the way. Third, this entrance isn't the only secret of the castle. Farmors himself looked for years for all the secret rooms, corridors and doors and found quite a few. I don't think even he knows them all, but some of them he showed me.

Raven whispers something back to the old man, who looks at her in a strange way, as he could not believe what she is telling to him.

[Isadora]
Don't worry about the guards. Paul will deal with them. While he's bothering them, we will be able to find a place when we can hide before the next patrolling replacement. So, we just have to go and that's it, she adds.

[snipingmedic]
secret rooms you say any treasures in them weapons or so ?

[Benjamin]
One could assume that a secret room could contain something worth keeping secret. Those he showed me contained nothing of value, though.

He makes a short pause

Besides, if there are any hidden valuables they wouldn't belong to the finder, but to the owner of the castle.

Another pause

Although borrowing them to fend off intruders should be all right.

After a few seconds, he adds:

But we'll probably not find any new secret rooms today.

The cave suddenly turns downwards, and they're forced to swim under water for a few meters. The narrow stone walls makes it difficult to swim. Then the cave goes upwards in a steep angle instead. As they move upwards, the water level sinks. The air is damp with a faint scent of rot and mould.

Raven coughs and spits (very un-lady-like) the smir out of her mouth, she shivers from the cold water. She is very glad that Snipingmedic gave her a bow with the string very well waxed, otherwise she would have get rid of a ruined bow. She jumps up and down to get a bit warmer and gives Lilly a shy but warm smile.

[Benjamin]
Watch your head, it's prettier without a bump in it!

The old man says this in such a cheerful tone over his shoulder that it doesn't sound as serious as it would be. An actual collision with the "ceiling" could probably result in a few cuts from the sharp edges.

[snipingmedic]
dispite the fact whe went through water i stil have the felling of something watching us do you know of any beast gaurding this cave or having made it its home ?

Mith Jess goes closer to Benjamin and tells him something in a low voice. While he does that he looks at Paul who cant see them.

[Isadora]
Guys, I feel that we are not alone. We are in a big trouble. Please, take this event over before we run out of breathe! she adds, beginning to panic a little bit.

The old man has trouble hearing what Mith Jess whispers, being old and all.

[Benjamin]
If there is a beast of some kind - which I doubt since there isn't anything to eat here and it would be stupid to plant monsters in one's escape route - we won't stand a chance in this narrow cave. There's not even room to swing a weapon or anything.

I hope you're both imagining it.

[Isadora]
My elemental sixth sense never lies to me, Benjamin. I sense a monster here. Something I never saw before. We must be very careful.

Finally, they come to a caveroom, about eight to ten to two meters. There's a quite small but sturdy door of oak. It has a rusty handle on it's left side, but no visible hinges on this side. A plank is leaned against the cave wall next to the door that once could've been used as a crossbar, but now it seems too rotten to be of any use. A pair of open cleats for just that purpose is attached, one on the left side of the door and the other one on the wall to the right of the door. The door seems impossible to open.

When everyone can see each other again, they notice that Paul is missing.

[Isadora]
If someone have an enough tough spear, maybe we can open this door. Paul have one on his back. With this one and someone strong enough, we will be able to open it. I'm surprised that my sixth sense has did a trick on me. I don't like this place. Better we will be out of here, better it will be for me.

[Benjamin]
We still don't know what lies ahead of us, in the castle. Your sense might just be right. Did anyone see where Paul went?

Since they had been traveling in a line with Paul last, noone had seen him for at least a few minutes.

The hound-man snarls.

[Mith Jess]
"I knew it all along. That traitorous scoundrel! He is probably giving us away to the guards just as we speak. Or luring monsters to us."

[Paul]
No, you're wrong. I was just checking if someone was following us by erasing our track to be sure to be not caught by anybody Now, everything is clear and we are undetectable, he adds with a big smile.

Mith Jess frowns at Paul.

"Erasing our tracks? We are walking on wet rock. We leave no footprints or other tracks you can erase. You did make sure we wont get caught. Not before we have reached a place where we would be completely cornered and slaughtered by your friends who promised you to spare you, but will actually kill you and watch you die in agony."

[Paul]
The only one who promised me something are the good wizards. They promised me to reward me if I help you. You guys don't make any footprints but Isadora has did some because she's wearing iron boots. I remarked that those ones makes footprints on wet places or not. I just make sure to erase her footprints. Remeber that I'm a friend not a foe and I'm not going to betray you. It will be not fair for an half-wizard like me to be a traitor, says Paul, feeling insulting by Mith Jess.

[Raven]
I think I do smell rat, but a real big one.

Raven starts humming one of her ancient songs to find out if there is a beast around. But she stops when she sees Mith Jess's hair is standing almost right up, he is a half a beast so he is very sensitive about her magic.

So sorry Mith Jess, I forgot about that, forgive me.

But just after she says the last word, the group can hear a dark grumbling somewhere in the dark, someone else was sensitive about her song too.

[snipingmedic]
Get ready, it is coming closer! Prepare to fight.

The old man drops the subject of Paul's doings, but remains calm

We'd better get this door opened, then. Not that I think there's any monsters on this side. I have with me some explosive powder we may use, but I fear the sound from the blast might be heard. Does anyone have any suggestions?

[snipingmedic]
Is there anyone else except me with nightvision ?
Then we could remain here in the dark and see if the monster shows up

[Isadora]
That's a good idea about the monster. Let's see if this beast is showing up or not.

[Paul]
About the noise of the blast, I can do something. I know some sort of spells that makes any noisy things silenced so silencious that no one can hear it. That's my suggestion for the case of the worry about using some explosive powder.

[Mith Jess]
"I dont know about you, but I dont hear anything"
Then he turns to snippingmedic.
"I can see in the dark. Not well, but more than a human."

[snipingmedic]
To the others:
Go ahead. We will catch up in an hour. We will wait here untill everybody has passed and defend this door.
to mith jess:
Then lets scout this area a bit and be on your guard danger may lurk anywhere

[Benjamin]
I guess it's better being safe than sorry. But don't go too far, or you might never find your way back again. And remember that this place is normally completely dark, since there's no source of light.

Benjamin turns to Paul:
That could work, but we'd still have to take cover from the blast on the other side of this water barrier, and you can hardly use your magic on things you can't see. Besides, we might have a need for the explosive powder later on.

[Paul]
Yes, you're right. But my masters at the secret wizards order's headquarters trained me very hard to be able to do this kind of stuff. I'm able to see through the walls if I'm well concentrated. I'm half an elf. So, it gifted me with some advantages. One of them is that I can see through darkness. If there's guards on the other side, I'll be able to tell you and nobody will be caught by them. What do you think about this?

Mith Jess looks at the snippingmedic. After some time he sais:

"Ok. Lets scout the area."

The old man adresses Paul:

Yes, that sounds like a good idea. If it's not too much trouble.

[Paul]
Perfect. I'll do it right now. He concentrated and watch through the walls.

Through the wall, Paul can faintly see a darkened corridor with both stone walls, ceiling and floor. It doesn't look like a residential area, but more like a cellar or something of the kind. He can see another door on the other side blocked with a crossbar just like the door keeping the group in would look like locked. The plank used on the other door looks a lot like the one leaning against the wall in their room. He can see no humans.

Paul fall asleep. Vewing through walls drains his energy.

[Isadora]
He'll tell us what he saw when he will wake up. I hope that I saw something good for us.

[Raou]
Why don't we just break the wall, and if there's anyone there we could just kill them. I can probably break the wall with my swords if I instill some of my energy into my swords. So, should I?

The snipingmedic returns to the group:
I just overheard you and I think that you must be completly out of your mind to ssay such things whe don't even know wat enemies whe might encounter and second if whe can even kil them.

Raven is still wet from the journey through the water and walks around a little to get warmer, she longs to run in the fresh air, this dark and tomblike place gets on her nerves.

Raou replies to Snipingmedic:
We'd have surprised them, and they'd be easier to kill. And more than likely we outnumber them, and if we don't, some of you have ranged weapons before they even get near us to attack. If they have ranged weapons like arrows, we could always come back here because the hole I'll make isn't that big and the wall will be like a shield.

Paul finally wake up:
Guys, he says. I saw no foes at the other side of the wall. Just another door like this one. So, if you want to do a hole, it's up to you,

[Benjamin]
Let's get to it, then.

He looks at Raou expectantly

[Benjamin]
But I suggest you try it with the door instead of the wall.

[Raou]
Ok. Raou pulls out his swords, and concentrates.
After a while, the swords glow a dark red. He then puts them into an X position, and then suddenly stabs the door with the left sword, and slashing with the right. After a while nothing seems to happen. Then Raou pulls the sword out, and the door breaks into pieces. He the sheathes his swords again.

[snipingmedic]
Nice, but you could have tried to open the door instead, before completely destroying it.

And they enter the castle.
When an old soul is split in more pieces then it can bare, where will it end up to?