Awesome Topic - Mike Snake

We are all creative souls, here you can share what you made.

Eridani

Awesome Topic - Mike Snake

Post by Eridani » 28-04-2011 23:34

[quote="Mike-Snake"]As requested, I assemble the whole story and post it here through updates.
I'm not responsible for inaccuracies between the different posts and not responsible of anything after all, because I do it for fun.

[size=18]1[/size]
[color=olive][i]
It was already dark.The table was in a complete mess, and I never really had the time to tidy it, even a bit.Some people may find it puzzling, but it was most effective for me that way.Guess I was the only one who could use the items when they're all piled up in one place.But it had its shortcomings-I didn't knew I had a phone until it rang a couple of minutes ago(greetings to all profilink advertisement fans)I was asked to go to an address and get a case to work on.I wasn't impatient to get to the meeting.In fact, with winter advancing going out and crossing streets was more of a torture for anyone forced to do so.I could hear the wind howling
through the corridors,giving me another reason to stay close to the heater and not try anything else...But I had a loan to pay, and food also wasn't quite free, so if I wanted to keep living, I had to take the job.
I opened the wardrobe.It was surprisingly well-arranged, allowing me to take the coat quickly and go out without the need to dig for it first.
What the hell, night was waiting ahead of me, I better not keep it waiting...[/i][/color]

[size=18]2[/size]
[color=olive][i]I got at the office sometime before the scheduled meeting.My future employer was about to arrive soon so I took my place behind the desk. I didn't have enought time to enjoy the view outside because the door opened.She came in, the typical image of the femme fatale, asking me to find a brutal murderer.One would easily believe it was she who made the crime and it was going to take me a whole book to figure it out but this was life, and cliches rarely occured in my life.
I admit I believed she could be among the suspects, washing her hands by being the one who gives the job, but my suspicions vanished as soon as she showed me a photo of her prime suspect, signed with BR, standing for a certain Barbara Rosebud.The whole thing stank.My intuition told me this was going to be the easiest case ever, as I believed to have found the murderer.Not only it was a crime to wear such name, but the photo was radiating evilness in larger quantities than a stick of plutonium could do with radiation.I didn't have to pay attention to the skull tattoo on her shoulder, or the skull shaped earrings.I even didn't had to notice she was all dressed in black and that she was wearing shoes with spikes on them.Just a mere glance at the photo would tell anyone sane enough that she had a guilty look.
My emplyer spoke to me.Sounds of gunshots took away her words...I turned the TV off and let her talk.She said she had heard I was the best in the business she could find.I startled.She wouldn't be looking for a good private eye if the case was simple.I shared my point of view, not omitting that I believed that indeed the suspect on the photo was the one she was looking for."That's the problem", she told me"there's no proof in her guilt and she was able to convince many in her innocence.That's why I want you to sort this out"."Hmmmm", I mumbled in satisfaction.So there was going to be some challenge after all...I stopped wasting time and got to work...[/i][/color]

[size=18]3[/size]
[color=olive][i]I was checking the crime scene.The wind waas howling and the room was promising more than a regular calm night.There was the body in the middle of the room, waiting for the police to continue with their search on the next day. The victim has been slain with such brutality, I was surprised there were so sick people on Earth.The throat was slit and there was almost no blood on the corpse.There was "I am smarter than all of you" engraved on the victim's chest.Probably a knife cut."HM", I told myself,wirdos are everywhere nowadays.I was looking for a clue on the place, as well as thinking of the motives behind the murder.The police has swept the area already and got what they could, however it wasn't much, judging by their progress.I stopped for a while to get me something to drink, when my suspect entered.She was all fire and brimstone...[/i][/color]

[size=18]4[/size]
[i][color=olive]She was so enraged, I didn't recognise her at first.Although I should have done it, it was pretty hard to mistake that look of hers.She was swearing like mad at me, but I didn't quite listened to her, and carried on examinating the scene.She had to stop with her swearwords to take a deep breath.I used the moment to make the acquaintance."Barbara, I presume?" was my guessing line."Barbara Rosebud, for you, idiot!" was her correction.Damn, she was just giving me better motivation to find the proof and put her behind bars.But I remained calm, I've dealed with all kind of scum in the past, it was pretty hard for someone to get on my nerves.She made another pause in between her swearings.I took a look at her.Her untidy appearance, the emo style and the stench that was filling the room suggested she was probably afraid of monsters in the bathroom...if she had any...The clothing style was almost the same as it was on the photo I saw before.But once I saw her face for real, I turned away and preferred to focus on the crime scene instead.Heck, at least she could have been beautiful.But this happens only on the movies, in this life the criminal is never good looking.At the third long sigh I decided I may listen to what she was saying:"...Who allows you to be here, how can you be that stupid, are you deaf?Listen to me when I talk to you, you little piece of ****.You're the one who murdered the man here, and now you're covering your tracks..."...Usually I put those kind of irritants on sleep with a well estimated hit, but this was an exceptional case and I had to be careful with the suspect.I showed her my badge instead and tried to tell her to leave the scene so I could resume my work...But I felt someone was approaching me from behind and got the sticky feeling this whole thing could be a trap.I waited for the right moment, and suddenly threw a backward glance to see that.........[/color][/i]

[size=18]5[/size]
[i][color=olive]...it was the maid.She explained to me that I just acquainted this house's Master's mistress as her exact words were.Hell, I couldn't have said it in a more confusing way.The thing that bothered me for a long time after that was how did the master get involved with such a beast.Or he wasn't much of a man himself, being some kind of weirdo with his own tastes.I didn't care, I shouldn't anyway...But when I went back to investigate the area the mistress was still there, refusing to leave me to work alone.She was probably feeling threatened, she knew I might be able to expose her crimes if I worked hard enough.That I might beat her to this challenge and she couldn't stand it.I've checked again.But the scene itself didn't have any clues, however, there was the outside chance that the weapon of crime is still somewhere around.Then I got an idea, overcoming the continious insults from the person behind me, who was trying to distract me from my job.I checked the kitchen knives to discover one has been missing.I would have got the idea more quickly if it wasn't for that slut that was now following my steps and checking what I was doing.She never really stopped speaking, like a broken old gramophone, spinning the discs on the same track again and again...Until you get pissed.
I went outside, alone, to get some air, and to check the big bushes which were surrounding the house.Any amateur killer would have disposed himself of the weapons or proofs in there.It came as a surprise that my assumption was correct-I've been dealing with an amateur, the bloody knife was there, lying in the muddy soil along with the victim's wallet.The latter was intact, with all ID, driver's licence and nearly 50$ I'm not proud to have put in my own pocket.He wouldn't need those anyway, and bringing them to the department, they'll fall in the hands of some corrupt lab cop, at least I really needed the money.Having packed the rest into plastic bags, ready for fingerprints and other analysis I thought it was time to meet every single inhabitant this house had, and begin interrogations.
I gathered them all in the large hall...[/color][/i]

[size=18]6[/size]
[i][color=olive]They were all in the hall.Surprisingly few considering the size and capacity of the mansion.The master had taken a place in the armchair next to the fireplace at the end of the hall.Mr Mario they called him.It wasn't important if this was his real name or his nickname, result of playing a certain NES game for too long, and I only needed a way to address the man, the police would sort out the details.He was leaving the impression of the regular upstanding citizen, the one you see everyday on the streets, but you are too busy to check further about him...He arrived shortly before I gather the meeting, saying he was on a business trip or something.I left him be.
I already met his mistress and regretted doing so.She was staying near the north-west corner, observing everyone from her position.I didn't want a natural disaster so I didn't refer to her anymore, not even in my thoughts.
The maid was somehow kind to me.Maybe because of her submissive nature, but you can feel when someone is sincere and when is hiding something.When you deal with the former, you really can talk, without worrying.And it was a sheer luck to meet those kind of people in my line of work...I learned her name was Diana.It was hard for her to find some time to speak with someone, because she was always working.I had problems having a short dialogue myself.
Mario's son, Luigi, was reading a book on the table, hardly paying attention to his surroundings.Next to him was his cousin, Philip, slowly drinking his tea and asking for a new one everytime he finished the previous...Someone entered through the main door, and from what the people on the table said I got it it was the mistress' mother.I'd speak to her when the time comes, right now I have to focus on the people around the table.I already spoke to Luigi and Philip.None of them seemed to know about the crime.However, I couldn't say the same for Sofia, Luigi's sister.She was there when the murder happened but she refused to speak about it with everyone around.I was promised an explanation some time later, so I carried on to the next one.One thing she mentioned, the victim was a good friend of hers.His name was Josh and he was staying for one night at this home.The very last night of his life.
The buttler-Jack.Typical profession, typical name, everything about him was all cliched, I thought of the possibility that he was paid to play that role.Some people just like having the image of the sophisticated servant doing all kinds of work around.
I was told there were other people who didn't make it to this meeting and will eventually show up sometime later.The sun was beginning to hide, and I had to go back home, to think about this and that before going back on the case.Everyone could have done it, and the results of the tests, made on the wallet and the knife I deposited at the lab before going to my house would help a lot.What I didn't knew, is that this day was by far not over...[/color][/i]

[size=18]7[/size]
[color=olive][i]There was no way to know what would happen.Hardly there ever is.After leaving what I found to the guys at the lab I plotted my direction straight to home.The sun was about to set.The sky, a molten gold pit was throwing its typical light over the city.I knew it'll be dark when I arrive at home.During the winter even people finishing their work at 4PM got the chance to get to their houses surrounded by darkness...I was thinking about all this, like usual, taking a look around every now and then to enjoy the sunset and kept my regular vigilance.
And then I realized I've been followed.I had the sense of those things, you can recognise a certain pace of steps going on continuously like the clock's ticker among all other noises.These steps begin to invite you to pay them more attention.So I slowly closed the distance between me and the wall and slipped into the first backalley I came across and looked for a good hiedout.I didn't have enough time to carefully plan what will be my next procedure so I took my place behind a couple of crates. Then my stalker arrived...[/i][/color]

[size=18]8[/size]
[color=olive][i]...I was well hidden, in anticipation, waiting to see who was about to go out behind the corner.But I didn't expect it to be Sofia, the one who was still owing me an explanation.She was looking puzzled, wondering where I've went.I came out of my hideout wit the line:"Looking for someone?".I nearly shocked her, but she shouldn't have followed me.She was willing to track me until we're far enough from the mansion so we could talk.We went down the alley and stopped in a cafeteria to talk a little.From what I understood was that Barbara was hell of an impudent person, she met Mario some months ago and invited herself to live in his house.She also brought her mother, her sister, her friends and everyone she could...Then they started acting like they own the place, without reckoning other people's opinions.Josh, Sofia's boyfriend she was inviting often in the mansion was among the few who raised their voice against the oppression but was found dead on the next morning.Sofia began crying.I tried to consolate her and told her the bitch will pay for her crimes, along with everyone involved. I took out my cellphone and dialed a number to show her the seriousness of my intention.I put it on speaker..."This is Jack Bauer", said the voice on the other line...I've spoken:"Jack, you remember you owe me a favor, don't you?There is something I want you to do...".Sirens tore the calm atmosphere around...Three police cars were heading for the mansion...[/i][/color][/quote]

Eridani

Post by Eridani » 28-04-2011 23:37

[quote="Mike-Snake"]Update-since I can't find another place for it I post the story about THAT day here...

[color=#FF0000][b]The following story starts in 8:00AM on the 20th of March 2009 and ends in 8:00AM on the 21st of March 2009.Events occured in the way they were presented and no details have been changed to give a more "spectacular" view to the story.[/b][/color]

[color=#FF4000][b]8:00AM-9:00AM[/b]
M.(stands for Mike, Michael, Me, MTP...you get the idea) is awoken by J.(the other involved main heroes won't have their names revealed because I haven't asked them and generally because it's kind of against the ethics) on the phone. J asks M if he should go get him from his place with his car, but M refuses, because he needs more time. M logs on to LF.org(this site) and posts a little while giving the daily commands around the net because he expects to be away till Saturday...After finishing everything that needed to be done, M packs some "tools" and stuff in a backpack and heads out to the art museum in downtown, where he's going to meet with the rest of his university group at 9AM.

[b]9:00AM-10:00AM[/b]
Arriving right on time(literally-9:00AM) where almost the whole group has gathered.The plan is simple:the day is scheduled to take place not in the university but in the liquid cargo port terminal for some field experience.The people from the group who have cars will take those who don't have one and everyone along with the professor will drive to the terminal.J drives M,S and R from the group. By 10AM all the cars were on the parking lot and most students have checked in.M leaves his weapons pack in the car to avoid their discovery.

[b]10:00AM-11:00AM [/b]
The "classes" take place as the group is guided through (supposedly) important installations, such as, pump rooms, 2000Cubic metres oil tanks, safety systems, train systems, etc.M, J, A and Y sneak through the pipelines and climb on top of the tank. The prof likes the example and divides the whole group in smaller groups of 4-5 people to climb up and to examine the structure.

[b]11:00AM-12:00PM[/b]
The classes end at about 11:10. Everyone's free to go and so everybody leaves the terminal. While on route to delivering the car to the office, it runs out of gas.J and M figure out a way to use what's left in the gas tank to drive to the nearest gas station.After the car's reloaded it's delivered intact. They need to go and get D(another party member) from his house and get to the train station before 12:15. On the place D says that E(the last crucial party member) should arrive in 12:05 so all would be good to go.

[b]12:00PM-1:00PM [/b]
As E arrives the four-M,J,D,E set off to the train station.The main objective is to travel to Veliko Turnovo for bungee jumping.The initial plan is to get back sometime on Saturday. Everyone gets on the train and is leaving. M has plans to film some scenes for VVMU.

[b]1:00PM-2:00PM[/b]
The travel is supposed to take a while(about 4 hours-arrival around 4PM) and M has some hard time evading cops who can find out his concealed firearm and the weapons pack in the backpack, but he still manages to evade them.

[b]2:00PM-3:00PM[/b]
As there's time to lose, games of belote and poker are played.J calls his sister, who's already on the jumping place to find out what's going on.According to the register, the team's jumping time is placed about 107th in the queue, while at the time of they call they've only reached the 20s(twenties) in the queue.There is time.

[b]3:00PM-4:00PM[/b]
The train approaches so the card games are ceased.M films some VVMU scenes with the aid of the others. J and D make regular calls to their contacts on the place to check how's the bungee situation going.

[b]4:00PM-5:00PM[/b]
The train arrives but in order to reach the final destination, the team has to switch trains. M and D successfully identify the train to catch. Train leaves at about 4:25, but the filming and photo conditions are good so the team uses the opportunity. Train arrives at train station Veliko Tyrnovo before 5PM.Since the team's not from the town, they use guidance over the phone to reach the place where the action is taking place...

[b]5:00PM-6:00PM [/b]
Having found the right way to the place, the team arrives on the spot at 5:24. The "contacts" of J and D consist of different people, some of which are from M's past. A surprise meeing occurs.After finding out that there's still time, M and E go out in the nearby park to "look around", but M's true objective is to remove the gun from his belt and stuff it in the backpack, because he knows when the jumping time comes he'll have to remove everything he has on him and chances are the people there may panic.M goes deeper in the woods to conceal the equipment while E takes photos around with his cellphone.

[b]6:00PM-7:00PM[/b]
The team's turn to jump is still far in the future. It's getting dark and M is concerned about the quality of the videos they'll make. Dark videos of the jumps may have poor or no visibility at all. In order to participate, all people should have previously signed in for the event but M hasn't done anything like that.D is having money troubles so he says he'll give his turn to jump to M. M already knows that, as he was told the same the night before, but the new thing is, that in order to get on the ropes, he has to assume D's identity.M and D fill in a declaration with D's details and fake address, leaving D partially and M completely untraceable. Despite the law breaking, M knows that this is the only way he can get access to the jumping.

[b]7:00PM-8:00PM[/b]
Temperatures are dropping and they cool down the enthusiasts' enthusiasm.All the contacts give up their turn to jump and decide to leave back for Varna City-They're catching the last bus leaving at 10:30PM.The team members M and J are determined to stay and utilize their right to jump, and D and E back them up by staying but they're not going to jump themselves(since E has no inscription and D has already given up his to M).According to the plans the team will make their jumps but will have to wait until 6AM before leaving back to Varna by train, because they'll miss the last bus-there're too many people scheduled to jump before them and some "cheaters" with connections just pop in and jump without even having an inscription.M hopes for some divine intervention to help changing things and gets a call from V calling him to go to the Dolphin club, but M's unable to do it as he's miles away.

[b]8:00PM-9:00PM[/b]
Some of the people don't appear, and those who do don't use all 5 jumps they are allowed to do.Ten minutes before 9PM J is equipped and ready for the dive. M, D, and E fight with the harsh weather conditions trying to resist the cold temperature they've been exposed to in the last 5 hours.

[b]9:00PM-10:00PM[/b]
J finishes his dives and next in the list comes his sister who has already left so it is M's turn to jump. He comes with his memorized fake personality and starts jumping at 9:12PM.During one of the jumps the holding rope dangerously spins around M's right arm, threatening to cut it off, but M manages to take an evasive manoeuvre and save himself from the damage(for which he was praised later). M is satisfied with what he has shown both as skill and reflexes during his first-time ever jumps(although the straps on the left leg gave him a slight injury).The fifth dive ends at 9:25(13 minutes quite fast comparing to the others who tried the ride) so after lifting M back up J comes in and tells him D and E left to secure the bus leaving at 10:30. There's still time to get there but they have to hurry.M quickly strips off his gear, takes his stuff from J and both sprint to the bus station.

[b]10:00PM-11:00PM[/b]
After some minutes of intense running, M and J arrive just by the time D and E have secured 4 places in the bus. The four reunite with some of the contacts who were already there. The bus sets off and the people're told they'll arrive in Varna no later than 2AM. M uses the time to make some calls to S(another key member who doesn't appear in this storyline), the family residence and some other people. M gets good news from the residence as they may most likely acquire a disguised-as-civilian police vehicle for their needs.

[b]11:00PM-12:00AM[/b]
While still in transit as they pass through Targovishte, J's watching movies on his PSP, D and E are discussing something, most of the contacts are asleep and M is listening to music and reflects on the events today, plans his actions for the next few days and gets the idea to write everything in the way it's written here and post it in the places he visits. The bus enters an urban area and while everyone is trying to figure out where they are M points out a sign outside indicating that they're in Shumen. Just before 12AM the bus stops as there's another damaged bus on the road.

[b]12:00AM-1:00AM [/b]
M asks E if he's got a visual of what's going on, since E's on the front seat. It turns out the other bus driver needed some assistance and after everything's set the trip is resumed. A while later there's another stop where the driver hands over a package to an owner of an expensive looking car.M can't ask E because he's asleep, but M can see enough to find out what's going on.It's BG after all-things here go that way-a little service here, a small gift there and you get good cash. A little before 1AM the bus enters the bus station in Varna city.

[b]1:00AM-2:00AM[/b]
After leaving the bus M finds out they're at the bus station-the wrong side of the city. To get to his place he'll have to walk quite some time on foot.M, J and D leave the others who are going in different ways. It doesn't take long before D reaches his place and leaves the team. M and J split up at the red square where M heads for his place. Just around the corner some drunkards are walking around. M's weapons are in the backpack and taking them out would take time so he takes the chance of walking straight through them hoping he can handle whatever happens...And nothing happens as he goes through but a couple of blocks further M hears someone's steps behind him.It was unlikely to be anything risky but one has to be cautious, so M uses the reflections of the parked cars' windows to keep track of the distance between him and the man behind. Soon the man turns in a different direction, by one reason or another and M arrives at his place. He decides to add up to the challenge and sneak in unnoticed so he doesn't light up the corridors and goes up the stairs in almost pitch black environment. He arrives home just before 2AM and turns on the pc and unpacks his stuff.

[b]2:00AM-3:00AM[/b]
M spends some time browsing the net and finishing up the daily tasks over then net as well as arranging the unpacked stuff to its place. An online connection with the residence is established to make arrangements for the next day.A big amount of posts has been delivered to various places over the internet.

[b]3:00AM-4:00AM[/b]
M's fixing stuff around in the safehouse and works on the pc, trying to do as much as possible before 8AM when he plans to go off. He's decided to prove to himself that he can maintain good mental shape even after everything that happened earlier today so he focuses on the PC work during that time.

[b]4:00AM-5:00AM[/b]
M started writing this loooooooong article which took him about this hour, plus some reviews he will do later in case a mistake's been made.

[b]5:00AM-6:00AM[/b]
After finishing the tasks around the net M looks outside to see that the night's fading away. It won't take long before the sunrise.

[b]6:00AM-7:00AM[/b]
M finishes uploading the contents of the camera's memory chip into his pc. The sun is beginning to rise as M's working on reviewing the images and the videos. The raw materials are being processed to fit the quality standards of the new VVMU movie.M goes out to take a proof photo of his activity in case anyone decides to question the truthfulness of the current document.

[b]7:00AM-8:00AM[/b]
M's completed everything he had planned and has even completed this very article in advance, ready to post it as soon as the clock hits 8AM. M sends it everywhere it can be sent and goes out for a well deserved rest.[/color]

[color=#800000][b]And what do you do with your time?[/b][/color][/quote]

Eridani

Post by Eridani » 28-04-2011 23:38

Mike:
Since the topic's not based on just one thing I got it renamed.
And to celebrate it, I'm going to undury it from the mediocrity that covers it with something that will make even Chuck Norris cry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOFhMeu0d_A

Eridani

Post by Eridani » 28-04-2011 23:39

Mike:
Bet you haven't seen this one either:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPDGB6AWtoE